686cc, liquid-cooled, SOHC, 4-valve, fuel injected single produces serious torque & horsepower.
- engine has an excellent reputation for both durability & reliability
- includes auto decompression system for fast, easy starts
SOHC, 4-valve cylinder head design.
- 2-intake (38 mm) & 2-exhaust (32 mm) valves provide maximum breathing efficiency
- screw & tappet style valve actuation for easier maintenance
Ceramic composite plated cylinder uses "liner less" bores.
- ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum block, eliminating the liner & reducing weight
- excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery
- coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
Lightweight short skirt forged aluminum piston.
- lightweight design means faster engine response less mechanical vibration
Gear driven balancer shaft.
- reduces engine vibration for good rider comfort
44 mm Mikuni throttle body fuel injection system with TPS & ISC.
- TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) is used to more precisely calculate the fuel injection quantity for optimum power &excellent throttle response at all rpms
- ISC (Idle Speed Control) helps ensure a steady idle even during warm up
- fuel injection benefits include: choke-free starting, steady idle during warm, good fuel economy & reduced emissions
High capacity air box with washable foam air filter.
- washable foam filter reduces tune-up costs
- high mounted intake duct helps prevent water ingestion
- no tools required drain
Yamaha's industry leading "Ultramatic" CVT (fully automatic) transmission with reverse & downhill engine braking.
- dual range, high - low transmission with reverse. Low range offers more "grunt" for towing or hauling heavy loads or when tackling technical terrain.
- CVT automatically selects the optimum transmission ratio, meaning you are always in the right "gear"
- Ultramatic design offers downhill engine braking for confidence inspiring control
- engine braking reduces brake wear & servicing, plus increases rider confidence & security
- Ultramatic design features a special centrifugal clutch which keeps constant tension on the V-belt to reduce belt wear since the belt does not slip as the clutches engage
- high mounted belt cooling ducts help prevent water ingestion
- V-belt housing has a "no tools required" drain plug
- automotive style, gated, 4-postion shifter (high, low, neutral & reverse)
- automotive style park brake lever with warning light & buzzer
Super convenient, servo motor controlled, On Command drive mode system.
- On Command drive system features 3 modes: 2wd, 4wd limited slip & 4wd differential lock
- On Command drive system lets you select the best mode for the conditions... not the machine
- 4wd differential lock provides equal power to all 4 wheels for maximum traction and "bite"
High capacity cooling system with electric cooling fan.
- maintains consistent engine temperatures for optimum performance & longevity
- rad is positioned high in the frame for protection
- engine overheat warning buzzer will sound as the engine is reaching maximum operating temperature to avoid overheating issues
Wet sump lubrication system with liquid cooled oil cooler.
- oil cooler helps consistent oil & engine temperatures for optimum performance
- spin-on type oil filter
Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
Marine grade connectors on key electrical components.
Stainless steel exhaust header pipe & painted steel muffler with cleanable spark arrestor.
- spark arrestor prevents stray sparks from exiting the exhaust
- stainless steel design helps prevent rusting, steel muffler is painted
Air Injection System (AIS) injects fresh air into exhaust port to fully burn any unburnt fuel, reducing exhaust emissions.
Rugged box section steel frame.
- compact design provides nimble, responsive handling
ROPS roll over protection structure (ROPS US OSHA/ISO3471)* Speed sensitive, rack & pinion-type, Electric Power Steering (EPS).
- significantly reduces steering effort resulting in less rider fatigue & improved rider comfort
- speed sensitive system; more assist at slower speeds, less assist at higher speeds for optimum control
- significantly reduces trail feedback through the steering wheel when a front wheel strikes an obstacle
- fully sealed EPS system (electrics & gears)
Independent double wishbone front suspension with "Wide Arc" A-arms.
- "Wide Arc" "A" arm design increases ground clearance in the centre of the machine
- high pressure nitrogen charged front shocks with progressive spring rates
- 205 mm (8.1") of front wheel travel
- heavy duty plastic A-arm & CV boot guards
- excellent rider comfort even on the toughest trails
Independent double wishbone rear suspension with anti-sway bar.
- utilizes anti-sway bar for optimum handling & reduced body roll
- high pressure nitrogen charged shocks with progressive spring rates
- 205 mm (8.1") of rear wheel travel
- heavy duty plastic A-arm & CV boot guards
300 mm (11.8") of ground clearance * Four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes.
- dual 207 mm (8.1") front rotors squeezed by twin piston calipers
- dual 207 mm (8.1") rear rotors squeezed by twin piston calipers
- pads feature wear indicator grooves for visual pad wear inspection
Rugged cast aluminum mag wheels & high performance MAXXIS tires.
- rugged cast aluminum mag wheels are tough & lightweight plus add a styling highlight
- tire design enhances steering precision, ride comfort & tradition
Extended range 36.7 litre fuel tank.
- low fuel warning indicator light in multi-function meter
Fully digital LCD multi-function meter assembly.
- functions include: speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, hour meter, clock, battery voltage display, On Command mode status, transmission gear indicator & various warning lights including seat belt & helmet reminders, plus an on board self-diagnosis function
- new, engine overheat warning buzzer will sound as the engine is reaching maximum operating temperature to avoid overheating issues
Roomy 3-person seating with 3-point seat belts & passenger hand holds.
- new, easy adjust seat belt design
- bucket seats provide all day riding comfort
- centre seat is offset to provide lots of shoulder room
- 3-position adjustable driver's seat (fore & aft), tools required
- high grip floor surface
- adjustable passenger hand hold for additional security, confidence & comfort
- specially designed foot wells keep passengers feet away from gas & brake pedals
Easy latch, rugged roto-molded plastic doors & shoulder bolsters
- added security & comfort for driver & passengers
- doors helps reduce mud & water splash from entering the cockpit
- shoulder bolsters help ensure driver & passengers stay inside the vehicle in the event of a roll over
Triple storage compartments & drink holders.
- glove box storage compartment
- central storage compartment (under dash board)
- under driver seat storage compartment with drain
- multiple drink holders (4)
Convenient, 12 volt DC outlet.
- dash board mounted 10 amp / 120 watt, 12 volt DC outlet for work light, GPS, cell phone, etc..
Rugged plastic sun top.
Dump box style, steel cargo bed with 272 kg / 600 lb. capacity.
- steel-lined bed measures 1380 mm (54.3") wide x 925 mm (36.4") long x 315 mm (12.4") deep
- flat design for easy loading (bed can hold a regular sized pallet)
- hydraulic assist for easy operation
- dump box can be tilted from either the left or right side of the machine
- 4-tie down points inside the bed to secure cargo
- tail gate with dual latches
- rubber cargo bed mat reduces noise & helps hold load in place
2" receiver style trailer hitch mount.
- towing capacity is 680 kg (1,500 lbs.)
- maximum tongue weight is 50 kg (110 lbs.)
Full length steel skid plate.
- underside of unit is fully protected by steel skid plate
- oil drain holes for both engine & rear differential for easy oil changes
- skid plate enhances terrain ability by allowing unit to slide more easily over obstacles
Dual 35 / 35 watt halogen headlights & dual taillights.
- headlights can be adjusted up & down
- dual tail lights with brake light function
Special Edition paint, graphics & over fenders.
- injection-molded body components resist damage
- over fenders add additional mud & water splash protection
- special Ranch Edition paint & graphics
Low maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during extended storage)
- convenient under hood location for protection & accessibility