Blacked out, 942 cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 4-valve per cylinder, fuel injected, 60° V-twin power plant pumps out impressive power & torque. Maximum torque is reached at 3,000 rpms, for relaxed cruising performance.
SOHC, pent-roof, 4-valve cylinder heads.
- 4-valve design optimizes breathing efficiency & overall engine performance at all rpms
- 31.5 mm intake & 28 mm exhaust valves use friction reducing single valve springs
- compact pent roof combustion chamber design & optimized squish area forces the fuel / air mixture toward the centre of the combustion chamber for more complete combustion & excellent power with reduced emissions
- 25,000 km valve adjustment intervals
Specially designed roller rockers activate the valves.
- Y shaped roller rocker arms allows a greater amount of valve lift without causing excessive camshaft wear & friction
- slipper portion of the rocker arm utilizes a needle bearing for reduced camshaft wear & reduced sliding resistance (friction)
No fuss, traditional air-cooled engine design.
- cylinders have a tapered "V" appearance to highlight the V-twin engine design
- cooling fins have been optimized for reliable cooling even in stop & go traffic
Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce mechanical noise & simplify maintenance.
"Liner-less", ceramic composite-plated cylinder bores.
- ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum blocks, eliminating the liners & reducing weight
- excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery
- ceramic coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
- extended cylinder service life
Flat top, lightweight forged aluminum pistons.
- less reciprocating mass for fast engine response
- reduced mechanical vibration for excellent reliability
Single pin style crankshaft.
- design accentuates V-twin engine character, pulse feel & sound
Wet sump lubrication system with easy access, spin on oil filter & drain plug for easy oil changes.
Classic side mounted 2.3 litre air box houses an easy access, a high-flow viscous paper-type filter.
"Closed loop", dual bore, 35 mm throttle body fuel injection system with linear throttle response for easy riding.
- system uses throttle position sensor (TPS) to help optimize intake air flow & power
- ISC or idle speed controller ensures a steady idle
- 4 - hole injectors optimize fuel atomization & feature a dual spray pattern for more complete combustion chamber filling
- "closed loop system" uses an oxygen sensor to "sniff" spent exhaust & automatically adjust the fuel / air ratio for reduced emissions
- oxygen sensor is located before the mufflers, so the use of aftermarket "slip-on" mufflers will not affect the closed loop system
- fuel injection benefits include; excellent throttle response, choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission.
- optimized gear ratios match engine power for strong acceleration
- 5th gear offers reduced engine rpms at highway speeds
- clutch is an "outer pull" design for light, easy lever effort
Special narrow design belt drive final drive.
- narrow 21 mm wide belt design
- cleaner & quieter than chain drive... no messy chain splatter
- low maintenance... no regular adjustments or lubrication required
- belt drive system simplifies customization
Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
2 into 1 exhaust system.
- large diameter header pipes for maximum flow
- dual stage muffler produces a low, throaty V-Twin growl
- heat shields protect rider & passenger from hot components
- 3-way honeycomb catalyzer reduces harmful exhaust emissions
Air Injection System injects fresh air into exhaust ports to fully burn any unburnt fuel, further reducing exhaust emissions.
Tube type, double cradle steel frame.
- provides a natural riding position & roomy ergonomics combined with a low 690 mm (27.2") seat height
- frame utilizes a rigid engine mounting system optimizing the overall chassis rigidity balance for superior handling
- engine mounting position provides a low center of gravity for light, easy handling
Tube-type, steel, swingarm compliments the frame & features a dual shock rear suspension system.
Compact 1570 mm (61.8") wheelbase provides light, agile handling, for a fun riding experience.
41mm KYB front fork offers 120 mm (4.7") of wheel travel.
- good ride comfort & compliance
- chip guards help prevent fork tube "nicks" & protect fork seals
Adjustable, premium, dual remote reservoir gas charged shock rear suspension. Rear wheel travel is 70 mm (2.8").
- 5 - positions of spring preload adjustability to suit load and / or rider preferences
- remote reservoir design keeps the shock cooler for more consistent damping performance
Single, 298 mm front disc brake features a floating, wave-style disc squeezed by a twin piston caliper.
- strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power
- wave-style disc offers more surface area than a conventional round disc for excellent heat dissipation
298 mm rear wave-style disc brake is squeezed by single piston caliper.
- caliper mounted to the underside of the swingarm, reducing the centre of gravity for light handling
- location also hides the caliper for a clean, custom look
Lightweight 12-spoke, cast aluminum wheels.
- front wheel size is MT2.50 x 19; tire size is 100/90 x 19
- rear wheel size is MT3.50 x 16; tire size is 150/80 x 16
- tubeless tires
Short design, front & rear steel fenders for easy painting or customization.
New, 13 litre, slim design flangeless fuel tank.
- 2.8 litre reserve capacity (low fuel light illuminates)
- high capacity electric fuel pump
Separate rider & passenger seats feature a dual texture, premium buckskin/suede design.
- good comfort & support
- seat height is 690 mm or 27.2" off the ground, enhancing rider confidence
- narrow design through seat-fuel tank junction makes it easier to get both feet on the ground
- passenger seat can be easily removed if desired
Foot pegs are positioned more rearward than on a traditional cruiser for a more natural & upright riding position.
Conventional low handlebar offers an upright riding position.
- excellent rider comfort
- bar can be changed to a different "bend" for easy customization or personal preferences
Triple clamp mounted LCD digital meter / instrument.
- functions include; speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel reserve trip meter (counts kilometers since low fuel light activated), clock & range of warning lights
- self-diagnostic function
- instrument functions can be "tabbed" through & reset using the RHS handlebar switch gear, allowing the operator to change instrument functions without taking hands off the bars.
60/55 watt high intensity halogen headlight with chromed bezel.
"Vintage design" LED tail light.
The Bolt R-Spec is designed to be compact & slim, featuring clean, simple styling with the ability to easily personalize / customize the bike with a wide range of Genuine Star accessories.
- Industry-leading Star family fit & finish
- Upper & lower belt drive cover helps prevent debris from entering the belt and pulley areas
- Fork mounted steering lock
- Self-cancelling turn signals
- Passing switch (flashes high beam)
- Traditional dipstick to check oil level
- Yamaha diagnostic service tool coupler
- Low-maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)